Monday, January 20, 2014

Semester the 5th

We are now on the down-hill slope. I have already started planning my Step I study schedule and plan to take it at the end of August/beginning of September. Hopefully, I will be able to make the October 1 start date deadline to make the 2016 match. Last semester went very well. Although I didn't wind up honoring Neurology, I came very very close and did very well in all my other courses. I ended the semester with almost an 87% cumulative for the semester and an 85% overall for the first four semesters. I hope to build on this momentum this semester even though my schedule is less than ideal. I finish my first class of the semester later this afternoon, Medical Ethics.
The downside to being this far along is seeing some friends head home. Both those who have failed and those who have finished. I know next semester will be even more challenging without all my close friends. Fortunately, I have my best friend with me until the end. I do not know how I could have come this far in the journey without her. Frances has been there for me every step of the way, even when I stumbled in the second semester.
One step at a time, one class at a time, I am slowly getting to my life goal of becoming a physician. I know there is a lot left ahead, but it never ceases to amaze me how far I have come. Until next time, be well, do good work, and keep your stick on the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment